Characteristics and applications of different types of glass
Characteristics and applications of different types of glass
- Categories:Industry Information
- Time of issue:2020-06-22
Decorative glass characteristics and uses
1. Advanced silver mirror glass. The high-grade silver mirror glass is made by adopting modern advanced mirror-making technology, choosing special-grade float glass as the original film, and making it through a series of processes such as sensitization, silver plating, copper plating and protective paint. It is characterized by pure imaging, high reflectivity, good color reproduction, bright and natural images, and durable even in humid environments. It is a replacement product for aluminum mirrors, and its use range greatly exceeds aluminum mirror products.
2. Color printing glass. It is the product of the application of photography, printing, and copying technology to glass.
3. Color-glazed tempered glass. Color-glazed tempered glass is made by printing the glass glaze on the surface of the glass through a special process, then drying and tempering. The colored glaze is permanently sintered on the glass surface, which has the advantages of acid and alkali resistance, corrosion resistance, never fade, safety and high strength, and has the characteristics of reflection and opacity.
4. Stained glass. Stained glass is a kind of high-grade glass which is widely used. It is made by using special pigments to directly ink on the glass, or spraying various patterns on the glass and adding colors. It can replicate the original painting realistically, and the film has strong adhesion, good weather resistance, and can be scrubbed. . According to the needs of indoor chromaticity, use stained glass to integrate painting, color and lighting. Such as copying landscapes, landscapes, seaside jungle paintings, etc. to use in the courtyard and atrium, tailoring the vitality and vitality of nature into the room.
5. Sandblasted glass. Sandblasted glass includes flower-blasted glass and sand-carved glass. It is a glass product processed into a horizontal or intaglio pattern on the glass by an automatic horizontal sandblasting machine or a vertical sandblasting machine.
Flat glass characteristics and uses
Plate glass is a traditional glass product, mainly used for doors and windows, and plays a role of light transmission, wind shielding and heat preservation. It is required to be colorless, with good transparency and smooth surface without defects. The thickness of flat glass is divided into 2 mm, 3 mm, 4 mm, 5 mm, 6 mm, and the size of a single piece is 300 mm × 900 mm, 400 mm × 1600 mm and 600 mm × 2200 mm. The visible light reflectance is about 7%, and the light transmittance is between 82% and 90%.
Characteristics and uses of patterned glass
Patterned glass, also known as patterned glass and knurled glass, is mainly used for doors and windows, indoor partitions, baths and toilets, etc. The embossed glass has patterns on the surface, which can transmit light, but can block the line of sight, that is, it has the characteristics of light transmission and opacity, and has an excellent decorative effect. The perspective of patterned glass varies with distance and pattern. Its perspective can be divided into: almost transparent and visible, slightly transparent and visible, almost obstructing the invisible and completely obstructing the invisible. Its types are divided into: embossed glass, embossed vacuum aluminized glass, three-dimensional embossed glass, color film embossed glass, etc. The thickness is 3 to 5 mm. There are many specifications, including diamond embossing and square embossing. When installing, the pattern surface faces the inside to prevent dirt.
Properties and uses of insulating glass
Insulating glass is composed of two or more layers of ordinary flat glass. Use high-strength, high-air-tight, and high-performance composite adhesives to seal two or more pieces of glass with sealing strips and glass strips. Dry gas is filled in the middle, and desiccant is filled in the frame to ensure the space between the glass sheets. The dryness of the air. Its characteristics, because of leaving a certain cavity, it has good heat preservation, heat insulation, sound insulation and other properties. Mainly used for the outer glass decoration of heating, air-conditioning and noise reduction facilities. Its optical performance, thermal conductivity, and sound insulation coefficient should meet national standards.
Tempered glass characteristics and uses
Tempered glass is also called strengthened glass. It is glass that is specially treated by a method of rapid cooling after heating to a certain temperature, or a chemical method. Its characteristic is high strength, its bending strength and impact strength are 3~5 times higher than ordinary flat glass. It has good safety performance, uniform internal stress, and appears as net-like cracks after being broken. Mainly used for doors and windows, partition walls and cabinet doors. Tempered glass is still resistant to acid and alkali. The general thickness is 2-5 mm. Its specifications are 400 mm X 900 mm, 500 mm X 1200 mm.
Wired glass characteristics and uses
Wired glass is also called shatterproof glass. It is made by heating ordinary flat glass to a softened state by red heat, and then pressing the preheated iron wire or wire mesh into the middle of the glass. Its characteristics are superior fire resistance, can block flames, will not explode when burning at high temperature, and will not cause fragments to hurt people when broken. There are also anti-theft performance, glass cut and barbed wire blocking. Mainly used for roof skylights and balcony windows.
High-performance insulating glass characteristics and uses
In addition to enclosing dry air between the two layers of glass, high-performance insulating glass is also coated with a special metal film with good thermal performance on the side of the middle air layer of the outer glass, which can block the energy of solar ultraviolet rays entering the room . Its characteristics are good energy-saving effect, heat insulation, heat preservation, and improve the indoor environment. The appearance has eight colors, which is rich in decorative art value.
Glass mosaic characteristics and uses
Glass mosaic is also called glass mosaic tiles or cellophane tiles. It is a small-sized color-finished glass. The general specifications are 20 mm × 20 mm, 30 mm × 30 mm, and 40 mm × 40 mm. The thickness is 4-6 mm. Small pieces of glass inlay materials of various colors. The appearance is colorless and transparent, colored transparent, translucent, with gold, silver spots, patterns or stripes. The front is glossy, smooth and delicate; the back has rougher grooves for easy pasting with mortar. The characteristics are: it has the advantages of soft color, simple, elegant, beautiful, chemical stability, and good thermal and cold stability. It also has the characteristics of no discoloration, no dust accumulation, light bulk density, and strong adhesion. It is mostly used for indoor decoration and outside balcony. Its compressive strength, tensile strength, blooming temperature, water resistance, and acid resistance should meet national standards.
Features and uses of laminated glass
Laminated glass is a kind of safety glass. It is a flat or curved composite glass product formed by inserting transparent plastic sheets between two or more sheets of flat glass, and then bonding by hot pressing. Its main feature is good safety. When broken, the glass fragments will not fall apart and only produce radial cracks, which will not hurt people. The impact resistance is better than ordinary flat glass, and it has good anti-crime performance. It also has special functions such as light resistance, heat resistance, humidity resistance, cold resistance, and sound insulation. Mostly used for doors and windows bordering the outdoors. The thickness of laminated glass is generally 6-10 mm, and the specifications are 800 mm X 1000 mm, 850 mm X 1800 mm.
Scan the QR code to read on your phone